Saturday 16 June 2012

Are you afraid of the dark?




Sidney Sheldon is called the 'Master of the Unexpected' as he never failed in keeping up with his fan's expectations infact he always out did himself in his each book. Sadly for me 'Are you afraid of the dark'  was quite predictable and apparent. It was something you could call a typical Sheldon plot. The fact that I predicted each upcoming twist didn't put me off immediately. I forced myself to read the whole thing and kept reassuring myself that may be something new and thrilling pops up but that never happened and the book ended just like I thought so.
One thing that I found interesting is the realization of the fact that US and Russia do have technology to control the weather of the world which earlier in my knowledge was just a myth.
Well I didn't completely dislike the book as reading Sidney's books is all about transcending to another world with his vivid illustration of each moment and he didn't fail me in that part.



My rating: 2.5/5  

Basic Plot:
Two widows of two scientists Mark Harris and Richard Stevens, who worked for the same company KIG but in different localities, find themselves under brutal attacks and it was adamant that somebody wanted to kill them. They are thrown together in fear and seems like they cannot trust anyone except for each other. Apart from these two there are many other mysterious deaths of other scientists.
Meanwhile chief executive of KIG an international think tank, is on cusp of an amazing discovery which could alter the future of the world but the mysterious deaths are being connected to this  volatile secret and he will do anything in the world to protect it.




No comments:

Post a Comment